Thai fresh rolls
A bunch of years back I travelled to Thailand with a friend and while in Bangkok we took a Thai cooking class (lots of fun, by the way!). One of the items we prepared that day were fresh Thai rolls (vegetarian). The fun thing about these rolls are that you can basically put anything in them and they will still taste delicious.
I made these recently and thought I’d share with you. Warning: they’re contagious!
Ingredients for the rolls:
Basil leaves/Mint leaves
Dry shredded coconut
Ingredients for the spicy peanut sauce:
Natural peanut butter
A touch of brown sugar
Sriracha hot sauce
Water (to dilute the sauce)
– Peanut sauce- add all the ingredients in the amounts that you prefer and cook until the sauce reaches the desired consistency (remember, it thickens as it cools so don’t worry about it being too runny)
– To prepare the rice wraps, dip them in lukewarm water for about 15-30 seconds until they begin to soften (they continue to soften later so don’t be alarmed if they’re still a bit hard)
– wash/shred the vegetables/herbs
– take a wrap and place whatever you want to put in it in the center (herbs, veggies, coconut, a touch of the peanut dipping sauce)
– roll the wrap in a way so that both sides are closed and the roll is nicely packed
– dip in the peanut sauce and enjoy!
Let me know if you try these and what cool variations you used for the filling.